ONLINE CE CLASS REGISTRATION
The Global Nurse: Caring For The Global Community
This course will examine the role of RNs as global citizens.We will investigate how the nursing profession responds to an international “crisis of care” by pitting the values advocacy and compassion against the exploitative systems their patients face every day. From a historical standpoint, we will explore the ethical challenges and solutions that nurses have faced since the inception of the profession. We will also draw more modern comparisons between RNs and other global caring professions in order to understand how nurses are part of a broader struggle for care, health equity, and justice.
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Identify how global migration patterns shape patient and caregiver communities.
- Explain how the nursing profession responds to the needs of a global crisis in care.
- Enumerate the social and economic conditions faced by over 19 million nurses across the globe.
- Articulate why the public holds trust and faith in nurses and how nurse ethics can continue to foster confidence in the profession.
- Describe the connections between RNs and other care professionals who form a global movement for care justice.