ONLINE CE CLASS REGISTRATION
This course will cover topics relevant to the practice of registered nurses in California. With an emphasis on current laws and regulations governing the RN scope of practice and also the practice of hospitals and other healthcare entities in California. Registered nurses scope of practice will be described, as well as parameters of practice of other healthcare personnel.
It will further explore what legal protections exist for both patients and nurses and how direct-care nurses can ensure those protections are enforced.
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Describe and differentiate between RNs scope of practice and that of other healthcare personnel.
- Understand the legal boundaries and responsibilities of the profession.
- Describe patient protection initiatives and how to defend them.
- Display an understanding of enforcement agencies and their role in assisting RNs to uphold high standards of nursing care.
- Understand and defend the scientific principles on which nursing practice is based.