ONLINE CE CLASS REGISTRATION
Preserving Holistic Care: Protecting the Science and Art of Nursing
(6 CEH) 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
This course will look at the impact of blind reliance on technology on the science and art of the nursing profession; how it will cause an erosion of skills for the next generation of RNs who (unless stopped) will be “trained” in tasks instead of “educated” in skills; and how it has the potential of destroying the professional practice of registered nurses.
Upon completion of this class, participants will be able to:
- Articulate the unique patient advocacy role RNs hold in the health care delivery system.
- Explore the potential of technology replacing human interaction in the delivery of patient care.
- Recognize the potential of technology to supplant RN critical thinking and independent clinical judgment with rigid clinical pathways or RN displacement and/or override technologies.
- Discuss technology's role in the health care industry's restructuring of provider roles.
- Define the critical role all RNs have in maintaining the science and art of the nursing profession to preserve holistic care.